Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Blackberry Picking (a Ride in the Country)

I as invited by my friend Ashlee to come pick blackberries at Ashland Farms.  It was a hot day-as everyday is.  The farm is down in Flintstone, GA, about an hour bike ride from my house.  I didn't race it-it was too hot for that.  Going down into Georgia is one of my favorite places to ride-going through St. Elmo and down across the state line is a good distance to go without any hills to speak of.  Though the distance is a far bit, because it is such easy riding, much of it in country, it doesn't seem far at all.



At the Gate

Riding in
The Garden



After taking a tour of the garden, it was time for blackberry picking.  Into the brambles we went.  It was scatchy, sweaty, buggy and possibly snakey.  But my toil was rewarded!
                                     
Blackberries!
It was cooler as I rode back.  My rough, bloody self met Q for dinner and then I rode the rest of the way home, with my treasure.

No comments: