Search This Blog

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Beer and Biscuits

Yesterday it turned nice and warm. What a feeling! People were turning outside like ants from a disturbed nests. I can't remember the last time we had such an extended spell of cold weather and the the build up of the pent up feeling was ready to burst!.
On the ride from work was like I had been let out of school for summer. A small group of us cyclist found ourselves converging into a group on Market Street. Where did we all come from? I love when groups of cyclists come together like that. It means Chattanooga is reaching a critical mass of bicycles on the road if we are finding ourselves clumping together. I hope this is a harbinger of a numbers explosion of bikes in the spring.
I was on my was to meet Q at Greenlife. Laura Jane and Jeremy were two of the cyclists that joined me on Market and they were on their way to Greenlife also. And they ended up  joining Q and I. I loved their dinner of beer and biscuits! Ah, to be young!

No comments: